Each city has a symbol. So Warsaw….
Typical monuments, buildings and land marks recognizable to all. In Warsaw, except for them there are historical symbols – the tragic events during World War II that changed this city forever. Destroyed in more than 80 percent it revived after the war … but heroic courage and ethos of the struggle for freedom became a recognizable sign of this city.
Meet the symbols of Poland’s capital:
1. The Warsaw Mermaid (Syrena) > click here
2. King Sigismund’s Column > click here
3. Palace of Culture and Science > click here
4. Frederic Chopin – the famous resident of Warsaw > click here
5. Madame Curie – the famous resident of Warsaw > click here
6. The Fighting Poland sign (Kotwica) > click here